Multimessage Systems Ltd. (MM) is a family business and the parent company to Multistorage which provides related and complementary services. MM provides second and third party product repair services to customers ranging from multinational manufacturers to individual end users. The company offers a professional high quality repair service specialising in telecommunications and data products. It also offers hardware sales, logistics and asset recovery services to complement and enhance its repair service offering to its customers. The company aims to minimise the environmental impact of its operations and safeguard any customer or business data it processes on behalf of its customers. MM operate a number of policies to ensure that it conducts business in an ethical and transparent manner; conforms to applicable UK and international laws, regulations and other standards.
Business Conduct and Compliance
Multimessage Systems and its employees will conduct business in an honest, ethical and legally compliant manner in accordance with the company policies. We are committed to acting fairly and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships wherever we operate, including to our corporate and social responsibilities. MM operates a preferred supplier list and only purchase from reputable suppliers. We conduct due diligence on any suppliers to identify any violations of our human slavery policy and compliance with our environmental policy. MM does not allow its staff to take or offer private inducements to win business nor does it partake in the disparagement or degradation of our competitors. We operate an open environment where all employees can raise concerns about how colleagues are being treated, or practices within our business or supply chain, without fear of reprisals. These and other policies relating to employee conduct, remuneration, benefits and other entitlements are detailed in the staff handbook which is issued to all employees.
Health and Safety
Multimessage Systems Ltd. (the company) is committed to protecting the health and safety of its staff at work, visitors to its premises and any persons affected by its business activities, by provision of appropriate equipment, processes and training. New employees of the company complete an induction which includes a health and safety briefing. Employees will be trained on applicable changes in company policy as required during their employment and are required to maintain an understanding of the company’s health and safety procedures, observe them and ensure that safety equipment and clothing is always used. All accidents, however small, must be reported to management as soon as possible so appropriate action can be taken.
It is Multimessage Systems policy to supply products and services of the highest quality. To achieve this aim the company is committed to ensuring that the products and services it supplies meet or exceed our customers’ expectations and conform to relevant requirements. All employees are part of the continual improvement to the quality of product and service.
It is Multimessage Systems policy to minimise the environmental impact of its operations wherever practically possible and to comply with any applicable legal, regulatory and other requirements to protect the environment. To achieve this aim the company is committed to minimising the use of consumable resources and ensuring that waste products are recycled where possible or disposed of responsibly. All employees are part of the continual improvement to the environmental management system processes.
It is Multimessage Systems policy to ensure that all company data, including personal information is adequately protected to ensure that it is held securely for the purpose it is intended and that any loss of data is identified and recovered from in such a way as to minimise disruption to customers and their supplied services. To achieve this aim the company is committed to ensuring that information is stored securely and protected against unauthorised use or dissemination. All employees are part of the continual improvement to the information security management system processes. Page 2 of 4
Multimessage Systems recruitment policy is to attract employees who will provide value to the company and at the same time find the work, environment and benefits rewarding. The company recruitment policy is focused on finding the best people to fulfil the company requirements and operates an equal opportunities recruitment policy, as detailed below. The company is committed to ensuring that its staff are not subject to behaviour or threats that may amount to modern slavery, human trafficking, forced labour and or similar human rights abuses. It operates a recruitment policy which includes conducting eligibility to work in the UK checks, to safeguard against human trafficking or individuals being forced to work against their will. Any member of staff who believes someone in the company, one of its customers or suppliers may be working under duress is encouraged to report it to their supervisor or manager for investigation.
The company is committed to providing a working environment in which employees are able to realise their full potential and to contribute to business success irrespective of their gender, race or disability. This is a key employment value to which all employees are expected to give their support. In order to create conditions in which this goal can be realised, the company is committed to identifying and eliminating discriminatory practices, procedures and attitudes throughout the organisation. The company expects employees to support this commitment and to assist in its realisation in all possible ways. Specifically, the company aims to ensure that no employee or job applicant is discriminated against, either directly or indirectly, on the ground of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or racial origins, marital status, religion or disability. This commitment applies to all the aspects of employment outlined below:
- Recruitment, including advertisements, job descriptions, interview and selection procedures
- Promotion and career development opportunities
- Terms and conditions of employment and access to employment related benefits and facilities
- Grievance handling and the application of disciplinary procedures
- Selection for redundancy
Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement
Multimessage Systems Ltd (Multimessage) are committed to ensuring that its staff are not subject to behaviour or threats that may amount to modern slavery, human trafficking, forced labour, and or similar human rights abuses. We are also committed to ensuring our approach to tackling modern slavery in our own business and throughout our supply chains is consistent with our disclosure obligations under the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
This statement sets out Multimessage's actions to understand all potential modern slavery risks related to the business and to ensure steps are maintained to prevent both slavery and human trafficking.
Multimessage is a specialist Electronics repair & logistics company, specialising in Telecommunications equipment.
Multimessage Modern Slavery Policy reflects our commitment to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships.
In order to assess the risk of modern slavery, we use the following processes:
- Identify and assess potential risk areas when considering taking on new suppliers and regularly review our existing supply chains
- Review the potential for risk at regular intervals, including the possibility of re-auditing a supplier.
- Protect whistle blowers.
To maintain awareness and ensure a high level of understanding of the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking in our business our Modern Slavery Policy is included in our staff handbook. Training is provided to all members of staff and this has been incorporated into our induction program.
Sourcing with Human Dignity Policy
At Multimessage systems Ltd (referred to hereinafter as ‘Multimessage’) we are committed to running our business responsibly. We strive to maintain high ethical principles and to respect human rights. We expect our suppliers to do the same. Our workers are treated with dignity and respect and the highest standards of human rights are upheld. We also comply with applicable laws, regulations and standards and all relevant International Labour Organisation (ILO) conventions.
Freely Chosen Employment
1. Multimessage ensures that all work is voluntary. Multimessage does not traffic any people, nor use any form of slave, forced, bonded (including debt bondage) or indentured labour, involuntary prison labour, or people who have been trafficked.
2. Multimessage does not require workers to lodge "deposits" or their identity papers. Workers are free to leave their employment after reasonable notice.
3. Workers are not charged any fee or cost to obtain their employment, whether by the supplier or the supplier’s recruitment agent.
4. All workers are given a written employment agreement in their native language that contains clear terms and conditions of employment.
5. Multimessage has no unreasonable restrictions on workers’ freedom of movement in any company provided facilities or upon entering or exiting company-provided facilities.
Prevention of Underage Workers
6. Child labour would never used. Multimessage only employs people who are at least 15 years of age, the applicable minimum age for employment in the country, or the applicable age for completing compulsory education, whichever is highest. Robust age verification checks are in place to ensure this policy is upheld.
7. Multimessage does not ask or expect any worker to carry out work at night.
8. Working hours do not exceed the maximum set by local law. Each employee’s working week does not exceed 48 hours (excluding overtime) or 60 hours (including overtime), except in an emergency or unusual situation. Workers are allowed at least one day off every seven days.
Wages and Benefits
9. Multimessage pays workers a fair and reasonable wage and benefits and at a minimum these comply with local laws. Workers are always paid in a timely manner. Multimessage is transparent about the basis on which wages and benefits are paid.
10. Multimessage does not deduct from wages as a disciplinary measure.
11. Multimessage treats all workers with dignity and respect. Physical abuse or discipline, the threat of physical abuse, sexual or other harassment, mental or physical coercion and verbal abuse or other forms of intimidation is prohibited.
12. All disciplinary measures are recorded in writing.
13. Multimessage implements a policy of equality for all. There is no discrimination in hiring or employment practices based on race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, disability, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, union membership or political affiliation. Multimessage does not require workers or potential workers to undergo medical tests which could be used in a discriminatory way.
Freedom of Association & Collective Bargaining
14. Multimessage freely allows workers’ lawful rights to associate with others, form, and join (or not join) organisations of their choice, and bargain collectively, without interference, discrimination, retaliation, or harassment.
15. Workers and/or their representatives must be able to openly communicate and share ideas and concerns with management regarding working conditions and management practices.
16. Multimessage always meets general principles of health and safety risk prevention. These include identifying, minimising and preventing hazards, using competent and trained people, providing and maintaining safe equipment and tools, including personal protective equipment as required.
17. Workers receive appropriate, regular and recorded health and safety training.
18. Workers have access to reasonably accessible and clean toilet facilities, drinkable water and sanitary facilities for food storage are provided as required.
Any non-conformances of these principles and standards must be reported to the managers at the earliest opportunity.